NiDARR is a smartphone application tool designed to provide individuals a secure and private platform to stay connected to their contact circle, report gender based violence, and maximize their safety to prevent violence.
With NiDARR individuals can create their safety contact groups, report violence from anywhere in Nepal, create a safety check in while traveling, set off false alarm in a distress situation, and access a comprehensible service database of organizations and agencies working against gender based violence. NiDARR gives its user the full autonomy in enhancing their safety and preventing violence before it happens.
You can use NiDARR in both English and Nepali. The six main features of NiDARR are:
1. SOS message: One can send message to their safety contact circle with their current location.
2. Instant Rescue Button: One can press the power button multiple times to set off a false alarm to alert their surrounding in a sticky situation.
3. Panic Button: One can set off the false alarm by pressing the Panic Button. One can also hold the panic button to set a timer to set off the false alarm when needed.
4. Report Gender Based Violence Button: One can send report on gender-based violence with pictures and audio relevant to the incident from anywhere in Nepal. The report will be sent to our response partners who will then provide their services within 12-24 hours.
5. Safety Check-In: One can set a Safety-Check In with travel information and needed time to reach the destination. If one does not respond to the Safety Check-In notification after the time is up, an automated message will be sent to one’s safety contact circle asking them to contact the individual immediately.
6. Contact Service Directory: One can access emergency and non-emergency number through the two service directories on the app. The service directory is geo-mapped, which means the list of organization closer to the users current location will be displayed first.
You can find more information about the app at: www.nidarr.com
"Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.Lou Holtz