December 4, 2018: MAW Enterprises Pvt. Ltd, authorized distributor of Yamaha motorcycles and scooters for Nepal, today announced the launch of its much-awaited super sports bike R15 (Version 3.0). The new super sports model offers a 155 cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine that uses innovative technologies like Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) and Assist & Slipper (A&S) Clutch.
Continuing with the great legacy of R-DNA since 1998 with the launch of R1, Yamaha carries the similar high technology and high performance forward with its new R15 V3. It is armed with a powerful 155 cc engine with high compression ratio resulting in maximum 19.3 PS power at 10,000 RPM delivering a torque of 15 N.M at 8500 RPM. The introductory price of new R15 V3 for Nepal is Rs 4,19,900/- only.
Yamaha introduces the revolutionary VVA system with this version which delivers top-end power without sacrificing torquey character in the low to mid-range rpm. This results in linear acceleration and high performance character along with sharper throttle response. The Assist & Slipper (A&S) Clutch has been adopted to reduce the weight of the clutch pull and provide a low stress shifting during deceleration. The A&S Clutch provides smooth and enjoyable downshifts during the ride.
With its weight (wet) of 139 kg and a massive 170 mm ground clearance, the new R15 V3 gets a stylish look from its fully digital instrument console and LED head and tail light. The feeling of rider-machine unity is achieved through the upgraded riding position (more aggressive) and wider size rear tire (same size as offered inR3).
The CEO of MAW Enterprises Pvt. Ltd, Mr. Chiranjibi Shah said, “R15 V3 is in line with Yamaha’s commitment to introduce global products and embodies Yamaha’s core philosophy of performance, design and innovation. We are confident that this launch will not only bolster Yamaha's presence in the popular 150 cc segment but, will further enhance the brand value of Yamaha in Nepalese market."
He further added, “The inheritance of R-DNA inflicts upon an extraordinary pursuit of technology and performance; precisely it’s what the Yamaha’s R Series is all about. Pushing off with innumerable race victories, this unbeatable combination of power and performance is now ready for Nepal. The R15 V3 will offer an enthralling technology and enormous riding attitude to the customers.”
R15 V3 specifications
- Bigger 155 cc Engine along with a new bore x stroke ratio of 58mm x 58.7 mm and a higher compression ratio of 11.6:1
- Forged aluminum pistons and DiaSil Cylinders are carried over from the previous generation which gives class leading durability to the motorcycle’s engine
- 5.5 litre air cleaner [60% more than previous generation], larger diameter intake port of 30mm and a valve design
- Newly design crank case vents which decreases pumping loss and increases power
- New engine warmup method circulates the coolant within the engine itself and the thermostat opens and allows the coolant to circulate through the radiator, thus allowing for faster engine warmup
- New muffler design with a 3 stage expansion & a 3 way catalytic convertor contributes to environmental performance
- Design and style inspiration from its siblings R1 and R6
- “Next Strain of R-DNA” is a high-level fusion of a universal sense of beauty and an expression of speed that suggests a new dimension of riding
- It balances the following factors in its design and styling
- a front face reminiscent of the R1
- fairings that give visual form to the airflow
- a silhouette that alludes to its performance and handling
- gear position indicator
- The cockpit also has a serious and aggressive look with a hoard of features in the instrument console including 18 parameter display